Tuesday, March 10, 2009

whirlwind

Life is moving so fast! Where did this year go? Nick and I are both busy trying to finish up our masters here so we can move to Dallas and start the next "stage" of our life. I'll be starting my career (eek!) and Nick's looking to start his counseling PhD.

I'm really looking forward to getting off my graduate research pay and on to a salary with all the great benefits...like health care! My job offer with TI still stands, so I'm hoping it makes it until July. With the current economic condition, I know that I'm totally blessed to still have that job offer out there when so many people are losing their own.

Am I going to be able to talk to my kids about what it was like in the Great Depression 2? I really hope not, but the economic conditions in the country look bad. really bad. And our Roth IRA, interest on our money market, and my TI stocks are VERY representative of that. Thankfully we are still young with many working years ahead of us...I feel terrible for those who were hoping to retire in the next 5 years.

What's that? Oh its my thesis calling me back....30 pages down and around another 40-50 to go!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I was just about to write a post on my blog called whirlwind...I guess it is just that time in life!

Unknown said...

good luck on your thesis! i can't imagine writing that much, but i am impressed!

i am so happy everything is working out so well for you and Nick--God definitely has His hand in your lives!

hope you have a wonderful week!!

Unknown said...

i'm pretty sure most of the time doctors don't do IUDs unless the woman has had a baby or has a serious medical concern that warrants it. i think the best bet for you is definitely the nuvaring! :)

Jenn Eastman said...

good luck with your thesis, you can do it!! :)