Tuesday, February 24, 2009

what's on Kim's tv?

Right now I'm addicted to several shows. Maybe addiction is taking a tad bit too far, but let's just say I thoroughly enjoy them. Since Nick and I have cable, I keep up to date with them online...thank goodness for the tv internet revolution! But let's get on to the good stuff:


1. 24















Jack Bauer is the MAN. Every episode is 1 hour in this life of counter terrorist agent. Season after season this show is liking watching full length action movie every episode. Its thrilling, its intense, and it has some crazy plot twists. But trust me, once you start watching you can't stop...I've heard of several people who have blown through all the seasons in just a few days. Perfect for action lovers! I do recommend starting at season 1 and working your way up...there are several story lines that build up through the seasons, and its definitely worth it to know them!

2. Dexter



















I'm careful who I tell that I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. For those of you not familiar with it, yes, it is about a serial killer named Dexter Morgan who works as a blood splatter analyst for the Miami Police Department. When I first heard about the show, I thought to myself, "what kind of people watch this?" but when CBS picked it up during the writer's strike I got interested...and addicted to it. Although Dexter act like the typical fun loving, caring, nice guy to the majority of the people on the show, he speaks to the audience as the narrator in his "true" voice--one that doesn't understand human emotion and interaction.

Dexter does only kill people who "deserve" it (although this still doesn't make it right); he tracks down criminals that he can prove committed their horrible crimes but have some how escaped the law by flaws or mistakes in the justice system. Each season (they've completed 3) takes a different view about why Dexter is the way he is and deals with the complex issues of your past, addiction, relationships, and justice. Its not very bloody at all (which surprised me) but does have nudity and quite a bit of cursing, after all it is Showtime! I would recommend it for people who love complex characters and little bit of suspense and surprises!


3. Heros



















This show is a winner. I love the story line about normal people discovering they have extraordinary abilities. There's good versus bad both corrupt and just plain evil. But every character is interesting and has multiple layers. This is one of those shows that you would do best from watching it from the beginning. Its another show for action lovers, but it can go off on plot tangents that are seemingly not important although they do a good job of bring it back in to the main story line. Season 1 starts off a little slow, but it picks up and the rest of the season(s) are thrilling.


4. Lost



















I have a love/hate relationship with Lost. I really just want the show to end so that all the loose ends are tied up and I see what the heck is going on, but at the same time I love watching every week. So far this season, the episodes have been great revealing a little bit more about what the heck is going on at that crazy island. I have told several people that I wouldn't be watching the show unless I had started watching it from day 1, but now I've just got to see how it ends. Although I really enjoy this show, I can't really recommend you to get started because you would be falling down the rabit hole with no end in sight.

5. Fringe



















Another show by the Lost producers, but I like this one much better. Its PERFECT for all those X-file fans out there! Each episode wraps up fairly nicely, but an underlying mystery is carried from show to show. The show follows an FBI agent who is asked to become a member of a team investigating events referred to as the "Pattern" this events always involve fringe science (essentially impossible things made possible). Its a twist on the typical crime show, and the paranormal. Also for all those Dawson Creek lovers...Pacey's on it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay for updates! i like your title, "what's on kim's tv." i might just have to check out one or two of those shows... dexter sounds really interesting! hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Jenn Eastman said...

lost is the only one that i watch on your list! :) haha. but i agree with the fact that it just needs to end already.